Friday 21 August 2009

Things coming along in threes

On Monday I was offered a job. After 15 months of looking it was almost a personal affirmation as well as a professional accomplishment. I will be working with Affinity Trust as a Support Worker helping people with Asperger's Syndrome and Autism. It isn't something I've done before but I will receive extensive training and ongoing support, and it seems like an interesting job that could lead to a fascinating career.
On Wednesday, Chris and I bought a car. I'm driving up to Oban in it this evening. It's a blue '03 Skoda Fabia 1.4 estate. We're very happy with our new arrival. It's our first major purchase together and feels like a milestone on the road towards our wedding.
Now all we need is a place to live.

4 comments:

  1. That's great news! See you soon :) Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. great news about you job, Paul. Working with autistic and aspergers individuals is a rich and rewarding pathway. You learn really quickly how to uncomplicate your life! Best of luck with the car too. Many safe journeys in it!
    Annamary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is GREAT, Paul!!! You are so patient, and I am sure you were placed in that position by God. Congrats on the new car, too! Exciting! Now we'll keep praying for that place to "come home" to. :) We love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one, with the new job Paul, Congratulations! Chris texted me to tell me a while ago and I texted back to find out what the job was and thought I'd text you when I got a reply! Needless to say I didn't get a reply so then I forgot to text you! Sorry about that!
    Glad things are shaping up nicely, I just booked the boat for coming over for the wedding.
    See you both soon
    Aidan

    ReplyDelete